sábado, 29 de janeiro de 2011

Idea behind the creation of this blog


Hello everyone,
This is a blog dedicated to physical therapy. As a physical therapist, I thought it would be a good idea to give the community, health professionals and non health professionals, information about all kinds of physical dysfunctions that are normally found in the practice of physical therapy, based on scientific articles and on my professional experience. 
This blog was also created to alert to the importance of physical therapy in the physical dysfunctions, which is very often despised and put aside, misleading the patient to undertake unnecessary surgical operations, which will, in the most cases, worsen the condition, which, otherwise, would improve with physical therapy.
Every Sunday I will post one article divided into two blogs (part I and part II), about one random pathology (respiratory, neurologic or musculoskeletal). Part I refers to describing the pathology in terms of definition and symptoms, more adequate to the non-professionals. Part II refers to the physical examination and treatment performed by physical therapists, more adequate to the professionals.
If someone wants me to write some specific pathology, feel free to leave a comment or to send me an e-mail. You can also leave comments based on your professional experience (what you think should or could be done in certain posted pathologies) or questions, which I will answer as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and see you soon
Carlos Barros 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário